The blacksmith shaped metals into different pieces of equipment. He repaired broken machinery, such as plows and rims of wagon wheels. The blacksmith was responsible for making horseshoes and fitting them to the horse. The shop had very large doors so horses, wagons, and farm machinery could fit inside.
This photo shows the inside of a blacksmith shop.
- Plow parts
- Farm tools such as sickles and scythes
- Metal parts for wagons and carriages
- Wheel rims
- Farm tools such as hammers, shovels, hoes, and pitchforks
- Nails, screws, bolts, and hooks
- Knives, forks, and spoons
- Pots and pans
- Fireplace tools
- Door hinges