Farmers make many important decisions each day. By collecting data and having more information available to them, these decisions will be easier and more precise. In the future, sensors and robots will collect more information on pests and weather while making recommendations on important farming decisions. These are called data-driven decisions.
Robots collect information on things such as pests, weather, and crop health for farmers to use to make decisions.
Animal HealthDo you know someone that wears a watch that tells them about their health? Here are some reasons someone might wear a watch that monitors them:
- To count their steps
- To see how long they slept
- To measure their heart rate
- To check their temperature
- If an animal has an illness
- If an animal has an infection
- Behavioural changes
- Readiness for market
- Sensors in cow collars can measure grass height in the pasture. If the cows have eaten what they should from that area, automatic gates will open letting the animals into another section of the pasture. This is an example of artificial intelligence.
The sensors that livestock animals wear will send data to the farmer.
Learn about the collars that livestock wear and find out how it tracks their health.